TOG is home to one of the most creative, exciting and forward-thinking working communities in the UK and pioneered the concept of the shared workspace in Britain. Launched in 2003, when the global economy was beginning to be radically reshaped by new technology and new ideas. Our aim was to reconfigure the modern British workplace to bring it into line with a fast-changing world. Today we house one of the fastest growing and most diverse work-forces in Britain: app creators and advertising agencies; makers and media companies, financiers and foodies; artists and architects.
The Receptionist is the first point of contact for all clients in the building. You are an integral part of the day-to-day success of our buildings. As a key part of our operational team and the "face" of the company, you will assist with the daily operations of the building cohesively.
You are responsible for delivering a professional, genuine and memorable welcome to each and every client and guest together with ensuring the consistent achievement of the daily operational tasks required within the building, such as making sure your building always looks great, genuinely meeting and greeting guests with a smile, performing general reception duties, handling post for clients, arranging meeting room bookings, reporting building maintenance issues, client requests, organising couriers, booking catering for meeting rooms and handling many other ad-hoc situations and requirements.
You truly are a dynamic individual who thrives in a corporate but personal environment, an independent worker who is self motivated and adapts quickly to change.
- Meet and greet all guests and TOG members in a welcoming, genuine and professional manner
- Answer important calls and respond to internal and external member emails with our TOG style of communication.
- Facilitate your members requests in an open prompt and timely manner whether face to face, by email or on the telephone.
- Main point of contact for all contractors and arranging out of office hours access with security.
- Book meeting rooms on behalf of internal members and ensure that member meeting requirements are documented to include everything they need, For example: AV, catering, room layout, special requests etc.
- Ensure the visual standards in the buildings are keep to an exceptional standard by carrying out regular building walks, this includes assisting with general cleaning of communal areas.
- Troubleshooting Wifi and IT issues with the support of the IT helpdesk.
- Ensure coffee machine is topped up with beans and water, cleaned regularly and maintained.
- When appropriate, use the 'Compleat' System and add building purchases to the company purchase order system.
- Preparing catering, tea and coffee for meeting rooms then present and serve the food and beverage in meeting rooms.
- Set up and refresh meeting rooms throughout the day ensuring catering, teas and coffees are in the meeting rooms on-time and ready for your members and guests at the agreed time.
- Manage incoming post accurately.
- Process any chargeable services for members such as booking couriers and taxi's etc.
- Get to know your members. Once we understand more about them, you surprise them with a Random Act of Kindness (RAK).
- With the direction of your Building Manager ensure that the fire grab bag is stocked and easily accessible at all time. Carry out weekly fire tests for the building and report any issues immediately to your Building Manager.
- Meet and exceed our members needs by promoting all TOG products to include offices, co-working memberships, meeting rooms and virtual offices, services and events.
- Carry out additional ad-hoc duties as directed by the Building Manager.
- Reception, MS Office, in particular Word and Excel
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety Regulations and Fire Safety practices
- Customer service experience, front of house/ hotel background desirable
- I take ownership and pride in my work
- I am enthusiastic and always do my best
- I am genuinely friendly and personable
- I have attention to detail and high standards
- I demonstrate emotional control and patience in challenging situations
- I am flexible and adaptable
- I embrace change
- I am focused to driven to get the job done well
- I am fast, efficient and organised
- I welcome feedback and act upon it
- I take on additional duties to gain experience and knowledge
Guidant Global is acting as an Employment Agency on behalf of The Office Group in relation to this vacancy.