Involved in multiple categories within Corporate Services, Building Operations, Consumables & Construction
The role is responsible for the development and delivery of the category strategy, identifying savings opportunities and managing the tender process with negotiation, implementation and on-going management of supplier agreements.
What you can expect as our Procurement Manager
Procurement Strategy - Responsible for development of appropriate end to end sourcing strategies across the portfolio, including implementation following business sign off.
- Continuous maintenance and update of market insight for assigned portfolio, best-practices, trends, key suppliers etc.
- Development of documented (3 year) sourcing strategies for agreed sub-categories in collaboration with senior stakeholders. Applying a total cost of ownership model to deliver the end to end solution for assigned portfolio.
- Input to the rolling 12-month sourcing plan for the categories covering planned stakeholder initiatives, Procurement initiatives, contract renewals etc.
Negotiation and Tender - Ability to conduct tender management, negotiation and implementation of supplier agreements.
- Review of business requirements, engaging key stakeholders and understanding of business strategy. Includes cross-functional work streams of Property, Operations and Corp Services
- Responsible for writing and issuing appropriate RFI, RFP and confidentiality documentation.
- Analytical review of tender responses, including financial analysis, product/service selection and external market forces.
- Management of risk through anticipation of problems and opportunities.
- Negotiation to maximise saving's and minimise inflation, while creating optimal combination of price, quality and service.
- Recommended outcome presented to appropriate stakeholders, including Exec level.
Cross Functional Implementation - Working cross-functionally to implement best practice solutions across the business. Ensure product, service, price and quality solutions effectively identified and implemented.
- Attend meetings with cross-functional teams to ensure a clear process is agreed for tenders and opportunities.
- Accountability for, presenting solutions and driving decision process, adapting as new issues arise. Identifying opportunities for improving/changing the business.
- Ensure supply decisions are aligned to business and brand objectives.
Finance - Management of financial delivery of Budgets through Procurement
- Work with stakeholders to support business budgets and forecasts for finance.
- Monitor performance; deliver to/better than budget through supplier negotiation and sourcing opportunities.
- Constantly identify opportunities to reduce costs and lead projects to review alternative sourcing options and product re-engineering/new service specifications. Keep costs under constant review to identify savings and pre-empt risk areas.
- Through informed use of external market awareness, customer, financial and economic data, ensures category input to the budgets is accurately recorded and forecasted.
Contractual Responsibility - Issue of contracts to ensure all agreements have firm legal base.
- Ensure contracts in place, using both standard and bespoke contracts, working with both Legal and external solicitors
- Relationship Management - Develop pro-active relationships with suppliers and establish alliances where appropriate.
- Responsible for identifying critical service and product suppliers to ensure supply is continual, developed in alignment with business needs to deliver best-in-class solutions.
- Ensure suppliers understand and are aligned to TOG's business objectives.
- Accountable for day-to-day development of suppliers
CSR - Fully embrace health, safety, security, environment, diversification and Sustainability Strategy
- Fully understands and supports the corporate position relating to health, safety, security and the environment, diversification and fair treatment, and corporate social responsibility.
- Contribute to the development of the CSR requirements and their effective implementation with suppliers.
We'd love to hear from you if you've got
- Understanding of one or more of the Categories within Construction programmes and Ops/FM and associated procurement best practice
- Conversant with a range of associated sourcing strategies
- 5 years relevant procurement experience
- CIPS /RICS Qualification
- Hospitality / Property / Operations sector experience
- Experience with working within PMO or Rollouts
- Procurement execution (business requirements analysis, market analysis, sourcing strategy, tender, negotiation, contract award, supplier management etc.)
- Relationship Management - Able to build value-adding relationships with internal customers
- Influencing - Able to communicate effectively to senior levels
Get in touch with us to learn more about this vacancy's salary.
Guidant Global is acting as an Employment Agency on behalf of The Office Group in relation to this vacancy.