Each of our buildings are designed with a personality of their own and, together with our prestigious client we need a team of Community Hosts to bring their passion and personality to Douglas House.
The role of a Community Host is to bring innovative and exciting ideas to the daily operations of Douglas House in order to engage various stakeholders within the building and wider businesses of the client and TOG. This is through a mixture of creating a collaborative environment amongst members though social interaction, events and personal introductions.
You will do this by nurturing relationships between employees across the building as well as the wider TOG community. It is important that these relationships are formed, not just within the building, but across the TOG portfolio too. This should be done through a range of mediums including social media and face to face interaction.
You will be a direct link between the clients employees and TOG building staff, setting the tone for the relationship between the two businesses and acting as the voice for the needs of the team and actioning requests on an ad hoc basis. It will be your responsibility to ensure the building is fully operational and processes are running smoothly and in order to do this you will need to be empathetic, out-going, dedicated and organised while having a deep knowledge of the business which you are a part of.
Community Hosts need to develop relationships and understand the community in question. Thinking of the mindset and needs of the individuals and consistently being present and available on the floor in order to showcase creativity, passion and drive whilst using your initiative to drive and enhance that community spirit & togetherness.
You will be someone who exhibits a quietly confident personality, has a genuine interest in people and what they do. We are looking for an individual who has no issues walking up to a stranger and making them feel comfortable and not awkward. You will represent both brands being the first, and lasting, impression of member experience whilst positively activating the space
What you can expect as our Community Host
- Foster events and experiences that accommodate the clients brief but that maintain the TOG culture and promote true member engagement in addition to daily interaction with the TOG team.
- Act as the face of the community and be available to respond positively and with a can-do attitude to all enquiries linking to wellness, events, networking (anything community related).
- Develop community initiatives designed to create connections between members, including member introductions, overseeing events, electronic and print communications and building walkthroughs.
- Solve member-related issues to ensure cohesive community and manage member expectations.
- Schedule and host new member introductions to House Rules and building amenities for Douglas House but also TOG wide as part of the member onboarding process.
- Consistently monitor the atmosphere and ambience within the building; ensure that the service and attention to the clients employees is of top quality throughout the day.
- Work closely with the 2nd Community Host to produce daily floor shifts in order to create a daily/weekly report detailing the atmosphere of the space and observations in order to offer recommendations for improvements.
- Host coffee chats, dinners and events for and with the employees to ensure consistent connection with the relationships formed. It's important to ensure there is a good balance of educational and SP staff appreciation and to review for adequate procedural safeguards for the protection of members.
- Partner with the TOG building management by communicating and engaging all areas of the operation to support the member experience, including the marketing, food & beverage, finance, people and development.
- Gather feedback about the building (levels of service, facilities and member perceptions) as well as participate in delivery solutions that manage expectations and support an overall better experience.
- Manage member behaviour and collate reports weekly to share with the building management.
- We will from time to time require beyond normal office hours, including nights and weekends, depending on the client needs.
- Make introductions across the portfolio where the client can interact with other clients to form mutually beneficial relationships for both parties.
We'd love to hear from you if you've got
- Experience is a similar role is desired.
- Ability to build an instant connection with people that motivates and inspires them to achieve results.
- Someone with drive who is a self-starter and takes initiative without being prompted.
- Understanding individual needs but also having the ability to foster a connection across multiple groups.
- Enigmatic and confident with a positive aura that creates vibe and energy.
- High levels of organisation and ability to plan but also being reactive and tenacious in a changing environment.
- Service driven with excellent communication skills to deliver the brand message in the right way.
Get in touch with us to learn more about this vacancy's salary.
Guidant Global is acting as an Employment Agency on behalf of The Office Group in relation to this vacancy.