As a Technical Architect at TOG you will be assisting the internal acquisitions/design team in coordinating the
technical appraisal of prospective buildings across Europe and in particular Paris, with space planning and
ensuring the effective and timely delivery of required information. We are looking for an architect who has Paris
based experience who is familiar with the Paris building code and regulations. The role may involve frequent
visits to Paris for design team meetings and site visits.
At TOG we work with external architects and designers in order to be constantly evolving and in touch with the
latest in design innovation. A part of the technical role will involve working side by side with our external
architects to ensure their designs align with our workplace principles and make the best out of our buildings. Part
of the role will be filling in the technical detail and queries for the contractors and other parties involved. The
role will also involve guiding the external architects/designers in the local building regulations as they will not
always be familiar with these.
What you can can expect as our Technical Architect
- Reporting into the Head of Design
- Research and development of architectural and technical solutions relating to prospective new acquisitions
- Liaising with the landlord design team as necessary, to develop an understanding of the building to advise the TOG team
- To assist the acquisitions team on building viewings and surveys to provide the required construction and legislative information of the building and the design
- Technical appraisals of prospective new buildings and elements of the design of new spaces
- Working closely with the acquisitions team on achieving targets and developing initial space plans to meet with underwriting models
- Develop a commercial understanding of TOG and how the building design impacts on the KPIs
- Prepare building presentations as required for internal and external parties in close collaboration with the design team.
- Working closely with the design team to develop architectural modelling of prospective new buildings, to deliver an enhanced member experience in the delivery of new buildings
- To provide design solutions to complex existing buildings and create space planning that create environments to cater for changing ways of working
- Space planning for large or small businesses hoping to move into our buildings
- Being the TOG representative in external and Design Team Meetings, ensuring key points are communicated back to the business.
We'd love to hear from you if you've got
- Great communications skills
- Visual awareness and an eye for detail
- Combine a strong design eye with good technical and detailing experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- MS Office, Word and Excel
- Highly Organised
- Ability to work quickly under pressure, across multiple projects, in an entrepreneurial environment
- Space planning
- Adobe Suite (InDesign and photoshop)
- UK and French building systems, regulations and construction methods
- Good knowledge of mechanical and electrical services for commercial environments
- Very good technical understanding of statutory matters, building control and fire regulations
- French language
Get in touch with us to learn more about this vacancies salary
Guidant Global is acting as an Employment Agency on behalf of The Office Group in relation to this vacancy.