The role of the Senior Management Accountant is to manage the finances for a group of buildings within the Group's portfolio and take ownership of board reporting packs. The candidate will be responsible for completing the full management accounts for central overheads for the Group. The candidate will be involved in reviewing the month end management packs for a group of buildings and board reporting for the Network Rail joint venture.
The candidate will be responsible for line management of two Assistant Management Accountants. The candidate will also take responsibility for other financial duties within the team throughout the month and provide ad hoc assistance to the Finance Manager, Financial Controller and Finance Director as required
What you can expect as our Senior Management Accountant
- As part of the Management Reporting team manage the revenue and operating costs of the Group's UK portfolio and act as the finance contact for allocated revenue and cost categories.
- Keep up to date on the day to day operations of the operating business units, providing updates when required to other members of finance and head office staff.
- Maintain a working relationship with relevant building managers and department heads, and keep them up to date on central issues, and provide them with analysis when required.
- Conduct meetings as required with department heads to review financial performance, and forecast future events.
- Complete month end accurately within the required timetable, including full P&L and balance sheets for the entities in your portfolio and TOG corporate overhead departments.
- Understand and provide variance analysis and commentary against historical performance and budget.
- Reconcile licence fee revenue to the occupancy report.
- Post accrual and prepayment journals for each building.
- Maintain and reconcile balance sheet items including the fixed asset register.
- Line management of two Assistant Management Accountants.
- Review the work of the AR/AP teams, ensuring correct posting of all sales and purchase invoices, and monitor the debtors and creditors ledgers to ensure they are up to date.
- Mentor junior members of the management accounts team, many of whom are studying.
- Review existing processes and procedures and identify opportunities for improvements, and implement them.
- Work on the development of the newly installed SAP to improve reporting capability and efficiency.
- Develop and create reports using SAP and Excel.
- Preparation of reporting packs for a number of group entities for annual shareholder reporting purposes.
- Preparation of annual audit packs and assistance with auditor queries.
- Ad hoc analysis and project work as required
We'd love to hear from you if you've got
- Strong financial background
- Prior experience with system enhancements or implementation
- Broad financial background understanding accounts production, accounts receivable, accounts payable and banking transactions
- Evidence of process improvement and implementation of change
- Line management experience (desirable)
- Advanced MS Office skills, particularly Excel
- Knowledge of SAP ByDesign, Microsoft Navision, Jet reports, and Salesforce (desirable)
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent experience
- 2:1 degree or above
- At least 2 years in a similar role in industry
Get in touch with us to learn more about this vacancy's salary.
Guidant Global is acting as an Employment Agency on behalf of The Office Group in relation to this vacancy.