The role of the Senior Management Accountant is to manage the finances for a group of buildings within the Group's
portfolio and take ownership of TOG's joint venture with Network Rail. The candidate will be responsible for liaising with
their building managers, ensuring they are aware of all relevant building events and completing the month end reporting
for each of these buildings. The candidate will be involved in reviewing the month end management packs for a group of
buildings and board reporting for the Network Rail joint venture. The candidate will also take responsibility for other
financial duties within the team throughout the month and provide ad hoc assistance to the Finance Manager, Financial
Controller and Director of Finance as required.
What you can expect as our Senior Management Accountant
· Manage a portfolio of the Group's properties and act as the finance contact for those buildings
· Keep up to date on the day to day operations of your buildings, providing updates when required to other
members of finance and head office staff
· Maintain a working relationship with the building managers, and keep them up to date on central issues, and
provide them with analysis when required
· Visit the buildings in your portfolio regularly to conduct meetings with the Building Managers and discuss
budgets, review financial performance, and forecast future events
Month End Accounting
· Complete month end accurately within the required timetable, including full P&L and balance sheets for the
buildings in your portfolio and the TOG corporate overhead company
· Review and posting of payroll for the Group
· Understand and provide variance analysis and commentary against historical performance and budget
· Reconcile licence fee revenue to the occupancy report
· Post accrual and prepayment journals for each building
· Maintain and reconcile balance sheet items including the fixed asset register
· Maintain and distribute the management information pack to the Building Managers
· Month end review of a portfolio of buildings within a TOG joint venture
· Prepare TOG joint venture board materials for distribution to board members
Other financial duties
- Business partnering with relevant heads of departments to provide historical cost analysis
- Review the work of the AR/AP teams, ensuring correct posting of all purchase invoices relating to the portfolio of buildings, and monitor the debtors and creditors ledgers to ensure they are up to date
- Review existing processes and procedures and identify opportunities for improvements, and implement them
- Develop and create reports using Jet and Excel
- Preparation of annual audit packs and assistance with auditor queries
- Year-end US group reporting
- Ad hoc analysis and project work as required
We'd love to hear from you if you've got
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to manage a portfolio of responsibilities, prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Technical excellence.
- Ability to bring new ideas to the table
- Ability to communicate with finance and non-finance personnel.
- Exceptional planning and organisational skills.
- Experience working in a similar role
- Experience in finance management and industry experience is desirable
- Record of suggesting / implementing improvements to financial processes
Get in touch with us to learn more about this vacancies salary
Guidant Global is acting as an Employment Agency on behalf of The Office Group in relation to this vacancy.