The overall purpose of this role is to support TOG's clients from a design perspective, working with a diverse range of different types and sizes of businesses
As a Middleweight Interior Designer at TOG, you'll create considered design schemes, presentations and drawing packages for Sales & Enterprise client proposals, client alterations and refurbishment projects.
The ideal candidate will be able to take ownership of the entire design journey; liaise with our Clients to capture their brief, create a considered design in tandem with the existing design of the building, present back and work alongside our internal project manager to deliver the product.
The role will also involve supporting the design team with space planning and design tasks.
We are looking for a designer who ideally has UK workplace experience, who is experienced in presenting to clients and client management and who is familiar with the relevant building code and regulations.
What you can expect as our Middleweight Interior Designer
- Deliver workspaces that enhance our member experience, ensuring a high standard of design integrity to each project remaining true to our vision of being 'Distinctive by Design'
- Champion the TOG spatial standards & design aesthetic
- Assist the Enterprise and Sales teams on Client building viewings and surveys to provide the required construction information of the existing building and design. Produce design schemes in line with client's brief
- Develop a commercial understanding of TOG and how our building design impacts on KPIs
- Liaise with landlord design teams if necessary
- Be the main point of contact for Clients from the Design side of the project and the TOG representative in any external Design Team Meetings, ensuring key points are communicated back to the business
- Ensure a high standard of finishes, fittings and materials is specified, within project budget constraints
- Ensure all coordination work between parties is carried out correctly, in TOG's best interests and within project deadlines
- Carry out site surveys of new and existing buildings
- Digitise marked-up floor plans using Vectorworks software
- Produce space plans for prospective, new and existing buildings, liaising with other Design Team members and other teams in the company
- Produce and update area matrices for prospective, new and existing buildings
- Create design intent presentations and drawing packages for client alterations and refurbishments to be costed and constructed. This includes, but is not limited to, general arrangements, setting out drawings, elevations, sections, lighting plans, small power plans, details, furniture layouts and finishes schedules.
- Represent the company to the highest standard when dealing with client design projects & requests
- Work with the FF&E manager and other members of the design team on proposed furniture schemes for client projects, alterations, and refurbishments
- Work closely with the Project Managers in the Client Alterations and Refurbishments team to deliver projects on time and on budget
- Work with other members of the design team to ensure the smooth delivery of projects, championing the use of the correct processes as agreed by the team
- Train & support junior members of staff to develop and grow within the team
- Champion TOG typicals in every project and show dedication to continuous improvement and development of these
We'd love to hear from you if you've got
- Proven UK working experience as an Interior Designer ideally with workplace experience
- Good technical understanding of statutory matters, building control and fire regulations as applicable to UK regulations
- Proven experience of working alongside clients to define a brief. Proficient in creating design packages and presentations to achieve the client's brief
- Experience in selecting design materials and finishes
- Good knowledge of mechanical and electrical services for commercial environments
- Strong technical detailing capability with construction level detailing experience
- On site experience, working with contractors and sub-contractors
- Good space planning experience
- Knowledge of commercial FF&E market
- Knowledge of the flexible workspace market is preferable
- Design/Architecture related degree or equivalent
- Visual awareness and an eye for detail
- Strong presentation skills
- Combine a strong design eye with good technical and detailing experience
- Ability to work quickly under pressure, across multiple projects, in an entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- MS Office, Word, and Excel
- Vectorworks preferred, but other CAD programs acceptable
- Adobe Suite (InDesign and Photoshop)
Get in touch with us to learn more about this vacancy's salary.
Guidant Global is acting as an Employment Agency on behalf of The Office Group in relation to this vacancy.