The Maintenance Assistant has a key role to play within the building's operation, working alongside the Team Leaders and using our inhouse- system (Freshdesk). They will be responsible for ensuring that visual standards in the buildings are maintained to an excellent standard. The Maintenance Assistant is responsible for carrying out specific tasks assigned to them via Freshdesk and is also required to undertake duties defined by the Building Manager and Team Leader.
What you can expect as our Maintenance Assistant
- Carrying out tasks assigned to you via Freshdesk ensuring that the standard of work is compliant with company standards and updating Freshdesk accordingly.
- Achieve SLA's set by Maintenance Manager, working in conjunction Team Leaders
- Working closely with the building staff to ensure that all maintenance issues are carried out in a timely fashion and in line with our daily working procedures.
- Ensuring that building staff are informed of any works that may affect clients.
- Follow policies and procedures dictated by The Office Group and current H&S legislation.
- Liaising with the building teams ensuring that all Freshdesk tickets are logged accurately and in a timely manner
- Daily management of own cleaning standards ensuring you leave buildings and maintenance areas in line with company procedures.
- Planning and organising of time and tasks in line with the Team Leader so all services are delivered in a timely manner.
- Organising and updating supplier contact information and supply/stock information relevant for each building
- Ensuring stock levels are maintained, communicating any stock that needs ordering to the Team Leader
- Maintain regular contact with the Team Leader, keeping him/her fully updated of re-occurring issues, requesting involvement where necessary / appropriate.
- Ensure email requests are dealt with in a timely manner
General upkeep of the buildings including:
- Preparing walls for painting, sanding, filling
- Minor electrical works, low voltage, changing light bulbs etc
- Moving furniture
- Fixing door handles, hinges, closers.
- Minor plumbing work
- Hanging whiteboards, TVs, clocks etc
- Laying carpet tiles and moving floor boxes
- Building furniture
- Liaising with the team on site
We'd love to hear from you if you've got
- 5 GCSEs grade C or above or similar international qualification
- Trades or technical qualifications or courses relevant to building maintenance would be desirable or any other courses that are relevant to building maintenance
- A good understanding of TOG's business and our clients
- Understanding of basic maintenance strategies and buildings
- Good all-round knowledge of the building maintenance industry, particularly serviced offices is desirable
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in serviced office maintenance or other maintenance roles involving similar skills is desirable
- Experiencing working with different trades and third party contractors
- Experience managing or overseeing a small team is desirable
- Be able to undertake basic plumbing, carpentry, minor electrical and painting/finishing trades.
- Basic level of skills working with technology, including smart phone applications for job lists.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use reporting and tasks management tools such as Freshdesk, Microsoft word, Microsoft excel is desirable
- The ability to successfully manage several small projects simultaneously
Guidant Global is acting as an Employment Agency on behalf of The Office Group in relation to this vacancy.