TOG is looking to expand it's legal team by hiring a Legal Counsel. The role will involve directly supporting our Principal Legal Counsel and General Counsel in delivering legal and strategic advice to the group, primarily covering aspects of real estate, disputes, corporate, construction and finance matters.
What you can expect as our Legal Counsel
Supporting the legal and compliance function across the TOG Group including:
- Managing and coordinating the conduct of disputes with clients and suppliers
- Filing and managing small money claims with the Court
- Coordinating advice from external counsel
- Supplier contract reviews
- Advising internal stakeholders
- Coordination and management of legal billing
- Supporting the compliance function
- Broad legal and administrative support to the General Counsel and Principal Legal counsel
We'd love to hear from you if you've got
- Experience in working with other European jurisdictions (e.g. Germany, Ireland, France) and German language skills would be advantageous (though not essential).
- 2-4 years PQE, if qualified in the UK. 4-6 years PQE if qualified in a common law jurisdiction, with minimum 1 year's experience practicing in the UK. All experience gained in a recognised international law firm or corporate in-house legal team.
- LLB, JD or other degree plus GDL (or equivalent) with a minimum 2:1 average (or equivalent)
- Currently admitted to practice in a common law jurisdiction
- Very good standard of legal drafting (letters, agreements, internal advice)
- Commercial contracts review & Legal research
- Competent IT usage, including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) and Adobe Acrobat Pro, Docusign. Ability to adapt to TOG's internal IT systems.
- An enthusiastic personality with a proactive mindset and the natural ability to anticipate the needs of the legal team. Should be able to take the initiative and present solutions rather than problems.
- Strong ability to work as part of a team and to communicate legal concepts to non-legal stakeholders.
- Attention to detail in delivery and high quality of work is a must.
- Willingness to be a "generalist" and to expand legal skills to the wider areas of knowledge applicable to TOG's business (including but limited to real estate, corporate, construction, disputes, compliance, IP, finance and governance).
Preferred areas of legal experience (listed in order of priority, not all required):
- Real estate disputes (in particular, money claims and contractual claims)
- Commercial contracts (key terms review and basic negotiation)
- Construction documents (review of appointments and contracts)
- Real estate (basic understanding of freehold and lease hold title concepts, transfers, etc.)
- Compliance (including AML/ABC, data privacy, etc.)
- Employment (employment contracts, consulting agreements, exits processes, etc.)
We will consider part time or full time candidates for this position. Flexible working arrangements (min working from home 1 day per week) is possible, with the principal place of work being TOG head office. Standard hours are 9am - 6pm, (7.5 hours per day), with the ability to work reasonable overtime as and when required.
Guidant Global is acting as an Employment Agency on behalf of The Office Group in relation to this vacancy.