Data and Information is a key asset that will drive value for the TOG business; this role will deliver capabilities to TOG that will unlock value, drive efficiencies and support daily business operations across the business.
The role will require experience working within an application delivery and business reporting environment. They will have technical ownership for specific applications and reporting solutions, primarily built on the Azure Data Platform. The will contribute to the development and evolution of an effective IT strategy ensuring a key focus is maintained on data and information delivery to TOG and it's customers. They will be comfortable cooperating with internal and external teams (business and IT) to investigate technology developments that could be exploited in order to deliver tangible value. This will be a highly collaborative role - working with technical and non-technical stakeholders. The successful candidate will have strong technical skills coupled with proven estimation, transition and implementation experience. The role will require management of supplier relationships to deliver on time to budget. They will have strong operational perspective and excellent communication skills.
What you can expect as our Information Systems Engineer
In conjunction with the Information System Manager, deliver and support the Enterprise Applications operating model. The will have full input in to the direction and development of the TOG data and information delivery platform. Work collaboratively with Architects to ensure data model, governance and quality is for for purpose. They will manage development projects, ensuring projects are planned and delivered on time and within budget. In parallel they will provide day to day support of key applications and reporting technologies, implementing service improvement plans, policies and procedures for application delivery and support as necessary.
Work with internal and external resources to:
- Work with business representatives to understand the structure and flow of the business' work to identify possible application and reporting solutions
- Manage and develop the ongoing logical and technical architecture to deliver against the business' information, insights and reporting requirements
- Be aware of the latest software developments in the data engineering and reporting space and promote ways that systems solutions coupled with process change can be applied to make the business more efficient and successful
- Provide technical support and problem resolution related to business application software systems & solutions (incorporating business reporting)
We'd love to hear from you if you've got
- Deep understanding of Microsoft Data Platform stack, including configuration and management of Data Factory, Data Lake Lakes, Event Hubs, Azure SQL Server
- Understanding of the Azure Data Integration stack including Logic Apps, Azure Functions, Messaging technologies
- Experience in Power BI model development including Power Query and DAX
- Configuration of CI/CD in Azure using zure DevOps pipelines.
- Integrating systems using REST/OData API Frameworks
- Gathering requirements from internal customers, then prioritising, designing and building solutions.
- Understanding of Finance, CRM and Data Warehousing systems & solutions.
- Demonstrates a strong analytical mind and problem-solving skills.
- Is a creative thinker with attention to detail.
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Knowledge of system design, development, implementation, and user support principles and practices.
- Experience with database management and reporting tools, primarily Microsoft products.
- Demonstrates skill in developing automated business systems.
- Able to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience.
- UML Modelling
- Prior experience with SAP and SalesForce APIs
- Power Platform experience including Power Automate and Power Apps
Guidant Global is acting as an Employment Agency on behalf of The Office Group in relation to this vacancy.