Responsible for actively supporting the Head of HR with regards to the HR needs of TOG employees across all Head Office departments. Providing first line support and advice to line managers and employees on all HR matters. Supporting the HR Assistant with all HR administration.
What you can expect as our HR Advisor
- To act as the first point of contact for HR matters in Head Office, providing quick, accurate advice on the best method of dealing with specific issues in their initial stages e.g. lateness, absence, maternity queries, probation reviews, grievance and disciplinary issues and performance related matters.
- To spend time with all Head Office departments and to establish good working relationships, dealing and advising on HR matters as they arise and escalating to the Head of HR when appropriate.
- Attend meetings with the Head of HR and Line Managers to ensure LM's are fully supported with HR related queries.
- Work in partnership with the HR Advisor for Operations to produce a monthly analysis of HR KPI's, providing reports, commentary, and recommendations where appropriate.
- Manage grievance and disciplinary issues, with support from the Head of HR.
- Conduct exit interviews, excluding managers, either face to face or on the telephone/via Zoom, feeding back to the Head of HR and line managers as and when necessary to ensure feedback is addressed and turnover is minimised, highlighting any themes and trends.
- Provide support to the Head of HR with complex ER related matters.
- Provide day to day support to the HR Assistant, advising on general incoming queries and ensuring HR/Payroll administration is accurate and produced in a timely manner.
- Manage any incoming communications, handling those within your remit and escalating more complex questions to the Head of HR as appropriate.
- Ensure all non-serious/unofficial ER situations are managed fairly, consistently and in accordance with the TOG Handbook, Policies and Procedures and current legislation.
- Support the resourcing team on recruitment and conduct interviews for Head Office vacancies as and when needed
- Support Head of HR on project work and any HR initiatives.
- Maintain an awareness of HR employment law regulations and industry initiatives.
We'd love to hear from you if you've got
- Previous HR experience, autonomously advising on and dealing with ER matters, for example investigations, disciplinaries and grievances
- Recruitment experience preferable, including conducting interviews
- Previous HR Assistant and payroll administration experience essential
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office and HR systems
- Part CIPD qualified preferable, or desire to study for CIPD
- Effective communicator
- Ability to multitask
- Personable, professional & confidential
- Can work as a team player but also self-motivated
Guidant Global is acting as an Employment Agency on behalf of The Office Group in relation to this vacancy.