We are looking for a proactive, organised, and dynamic individual to deliver and be responsible for all aspects of running TOGs largest client account at Douglas House with our client BP.
It is the responsibility of the GM to deliver an efficient, safe and profitable Workspace for BP whilst focusing on the company's key objective of providing exceptional customer service for BP employees and guests.
You are responsible for the day to day management of your team within the building, ensuring that ongoing support and training is delivered to enable each team member to maximise their individual potential and exceed your members journey.
Your role is to ensure that our members have an amazing experience at every touchpoint within your Workspace and be able to provide them a consistent platform to connect, grow their business, and understand the long term value that TOG has to offer.
The role of a General Manager is to bring innovative and exciting ideas to the daily operations of Douglas House in order to engage various stakeholders within the building and wider businesses of BP and TOG. This is through a mixture of creating a collaborative environment amongst members though social interaction and personal introductions.
What you can expect as our General Manager
The ability to rally and motivate a team to work toward a common goal in a fast-paced environment. The role requires a leader who is capable of overseeing a large team, building a culture of teamwork and trust.
- On site team management including arranging daily plans and schedules, overseeing opening and closing procedures, conducting morning meetings and monthly team meetings. Conduct probation reviews, appraisal meetings, objective setting, managing sickness and absence. Carry out monthly one to one meetings with the team, support in training all new starters on process, procedures and expectations using the 8-week training plan. Manage the building rota incorporating leave and absence and conduct disciplinary/formal investigations as directed by and in liaison with the People team. Responsible for on-site resourcing including conducting interviews for available roles within your building.
- Be confident to lead a team of minimum 1 Assistant Manager, between 3-7 member hosts/meeting room hosts, and community host
- Drive expectation and service delivery with our onsite suppliers including Manor, The Genuine Dining company, and any F&M contractor relationships (Housekeeping team etc.). this includes monthly meetings which you will chair and follow up with actions and updates in order to report to your Area Manager and Head of Operations
- Working together to ensure a seamless member experience with all client facing TOG teams including TOG alterations, maintenance team, IT engineer team, F&B Manager, Events Manager etc
- Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics by being attentive and building genuine professional working relationships both with your workspace team but also teams across the wider business
- Reinforce great behaviour that falls in line with the expectations of our core competencies, using these as a gauge for succession planning and training your team to grow their careers within TOG.
- Actively mentor and develop your staff. This includes setting stretching objectives and providing direction on how they can grow within their career at TOG
The desire to be constantly challenged with the ability to analyse complex situations, work through problems and most importantly to create meaningful solutions into actionable plans
- Carry out regular building walks to generate the achievement of high visual standards across all areas in accordance with the building standards checklist. Report any maintenance or facilities issues in a timely manner and follow up accordingly with clients. Work closely with maintenance, facilities, and cleaning teams through the effective use of the Freshdesk platform to upkeep the building in line with the desired standards level
Lead your Workspace to exceed financial obligations and profitability through monitoring labour and cost control
- Ability to link your workspace business performance metrics and P&L with your team's actions on the ground. The General Manager is responsible for tight P&L management, which requires a strong understanding of the workspace key drivers around revenue and cost control
- Identifying opportunities to drive business performance and increase loyalty and revenue whether this is in your own Workspace or business wide
- Working closely with the Enterprise Lead and Area Manager to ensure excellent key account management across the board with all enterprise clients within your workspace. This includes but not limited to, regular catch ups, being the main point of contact, understanding their movements and flexing in order to enhance the product offering to meet the clients ever-changing needs
We'd love to hear from you if you've got
Line management and resourcing · Financial awareness, cost effective building management, billing and invoicing · MS Office, in particular Word and Excel · Service Industry/customer facing experience · Health and Safety Regulations knowledge to building standards level
Extensive member facing engagement and customer service · Previous exposure to HR process adherence and people management
Get in touch with us to learn more about this vacancy's salary
Guidant Global is acting as an Employment Agency on behalf of The Office Group in relation to this vacancy.