The role of the Financial Controller is to ensure a robust control and reporting environment for the entire Group through the delivery of timely and accurate financial information to the business through effective management of the core financial team, systems and processes.
What you can expect as our Financial Controller
- Supervision and management of the production of the financial statements.
- Review the consolidated and standalone financial statements.
- Management of the external audit year-end closing process, including agreeing deliverables, timetables, key areas of risk, judgement and uncertainty.
- Ensure financial transactions such as incentives, rent-free periods and other revenue recognition areas are accurately reflected in the financial statements in line with IFRS and group accounting policies.
- Ensure major transactions such as acquisitions and business combinations are managed and accounted for appropriately. Provide effective analytical review and understanding of key transactions at the entity and group level.
- Assess the Group's application of current and upcoming accounting standards ensuring that implications are understood, change is highlighted in advance and new accounting standards are implemented effectively.
- Management of the month-end process to ensure timely and accurate delivery of Board Information.
- Enhancement of management reporting to meet evolving business requirements and the commercial environment.
- Working together with the Commercial Finance team to ensure that monthly reforecasts are prepared in a timely, robust and informative way.
- Review of bank reporting packs and covenant calculations.
- Other ad-hoc management reporting.
- Management of 4 direct reports, currently: Finance Manager, Group Accountant, Transactional Finance Manager and Accounts Receivable Manager. Indirect management of core finance team of 16.
- Development of the team, management of their performance and fully engaging in the Company appraisal process in line with TOG values.
- Mentor direct reports ensuring that the Company has adequate succession planning and personnel in place.
- Maintenance of the Group's accounting policies and ensuring their correct and consistent application across the Group.
- Develop and regularly review the Group accounting manual. Responsible for driving enhanced disciplines and controls across the Group and for compliance with the Group accounting manual.
- Ensuring that the Group's procedures are effective taking into account the systems and processes in use by finance and other departments. Actively engage with the team and other departments to seek improvements.
- Ensure appropriate controls are in place to prevent and detect fraud and error including the use of system controls, banking systems and completion of account reconciliations.
- Supporting process improvement, leading to continuous improvement in the accuracy, timeliness and automation of financial information.
- Production of a quarterly Controller's report highlighting key control areas with regards to the significant areas of judgement and estimations, application of accounting policies and accounting standards, and system developments.
- Assisting with Group structuring/restructuring as required.
- Advise non-financial managers on accounting treatment of proposed commercial transactions.
- Liaising with other members of the finance team to ensure that wider finance tasks and projects have adequately considered financial controls and reporting.
- Liaising with tax professionals on ad-hoc projects such as capital allowances, VAT issues etc.
- Involvement in the preparation of annual budgets for the different stakeholders in accordance with required timeframes.
We'd love to hear from you if you've got
- A progressive record of success, prior experience of managing a finance team.
- Leadership of a finance team within a fast moving, forward thinking and dynamic organisation (desirable).
- A working knowledge of IFRS & UK GAAP. Confidence to research accounting regulations for specific transactions.
- Prior audit experience gained within a Big 4 firm (desirable).
- Experience in a Group Head Office function along with time at a senior level within a reputable organisation.
- Senior experience within a similar business or sector (desirable).
- Confident use of finance systems; understanding of key controls and functionality embedded within them.
- Knowledge of Navision, SAP, Salesforce (desirable).
Get in touch with us to learn more about this vacancy's salary.
Guidant Global is acting as an Employment Agency on behalf of The Office Group in relation to this vacancy.