TOG has undergone a period of swift expansion and - partly as a result of new investment - significant further growth both inside and outside the UK is projected. In this context TOG needs to be sure that it is effectively meeting its statutory responsibilities. The role of Compliance Officer is a key need within TOG to enhance and de-risk its current operations and future expansion plans.
What you can expect as our Compliance Officer
- Acting as TOG's first DPO.
- Keeping management informed of any material statutory/regulatory developments in the UK, Germany and other jurisdictions where TOG might begin operations.
- Managing and monitoring risks throughout the business, including ownership of TOG's risk register.
- Assisting in the launch of TOG in Germany including ensuring that TOG is compliant with necessary rules and regulations before opening.
- Evaluating existing and forthcoming regulations, including with respect to anti-corruption, financial crime, anti-money-laundering, KYC, GDPR and virtual office matters.
- Working closely with IT team to ensure the business fully abides by its responsibilities under the GDPR and is a champion of data privacy.
- Proactively fostering relationships with any relevant regulators and industry bodies.
- Responsible for KYC of new clients and suppliers, including conducting KYC searches using Creditsafe.
- Seeking and implementing innovative solutions to compliance issues and solutions with a view to effectiveness, speed and best value.
We'd love to hear from you if you've got
- Strong educational background including achieving 2.1 degree at respected university.
- At least 3 years' experience of dedicated compliance work within a sophisticated organisation, including acting as a DPO.
- Fluency in German or another European language desired.
- Strong experience and understanding of the GDPR and data privacy.
- Ability to challenge management and peers where appropriate to achieve engagement on projects and drive implementation.
- Ability to interact effectively with regulatory authorities or statutory bodies.
- Ability to plan and deliver periodic and appropriate training to employees and management on key compliance topics.
- Ability to draft policies from scratch and communicate policies effectively to the business.
- Some experience of managing people.
Get in touch with us to learn more about this vacancy's salary.
Guidant Global is acting as an Employment Agency on behalf of The Office Group in relation to this vacancy.