As our Commercial Finance Analyst, this role will primarily be centred around but not be restricted to the underwriting of new property acquisitions across the UK, Europe and the rest of the world as well as reporting responsibilities for the development progress of those properties acquired leading up to building opening.
You'll be responsible for running in-depth viability analysis on potential acquisition opportunities, running feasibility studies and appraisals, bringing into play an understanding of local markets and business environments and involvement in the subsequent Board approval process.
This is an opportunity to become part of an exciting and fast paced working environment in a business focused on growth, business partnering with key functions and departments including the wider finance team, acquisitions team and the property team. There will be a strong involvement in live real estate transactions and full-scale development projects, providing a rare opportunity to progress within a desirable company in a role that offers exciting and varied day to day activities and exposure to high profile aspects of the business.
What you can expect as our Commercial Finance Analyst
- Preparation of financial models for new pipeline building acquisitions, to include capex budgets, budget P&L statement, cash flow forecasts and key profitability metrics
- Preparation of management and board reporting materials, incorporating all diligence, market, building and financial information
- Preparing sensitivity analysis to aid the acquisitions team in their decision making and negotiations and demonstrate alternative viable deal structures
- Lookback analysis on completed projects
- Development of a database of key market information, for the use in future feasibility studies
- Regular capex cash flow reporting on projects with written commentary
- Liaising regularly with project managers within the property team to gain an understanding of current job status for each project - movements in cost/timing/plans
- Timely preparation of monthly reporting pack, to include commentary on any movements to prior month reported figures and variance to underwritten budget
- Preparation of capital contribution calculations and supporting information for submission to landlords
- Preparation of monthly/quarterly maintenance capex analysis for internal departments
- Assisting with preparation of annual and long term capex budgets
- Assisting with provision of capital allowances information to external consultants
We'd love to hear from you if you've got
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Newly qualified/part-qualified ACA/CIMA/ACCA or other (desired, not essential)
- Good understanding of the office market sector and current financial environment or experience in a similar role
- Strong commercial awareness
- Highly numerate
- Ability to compute and interpret key profitability analysis ratios
Get in touch with us to learn more about this vacancy's salary.
Guidant Global is acting as an Employment Agency on behalf of The Office Group in relation to this vacancy.