The Assistant Facilities Manager will support the Hard & Soft Services Facilities Managers in the creation, monitoring and advancement of key facilities related policies and company Health & Safety Arrangements. Being actively involved in the population of site documentation and acting as a liaison between sites, contractors and the facilities manager on key issues, the role will be key to improving service delivery to our building teams and members. The role will also encompass various building surveys and audits to ensure site and contractor compliance with government legislation and TOG FM standards. Where required the facilities assistant will provide support to the Health & Safety manager, this will include assistance with projects and management of risk assessment actions.
In addition to the above the role will involve some levels of basic administrative tasks, as well as assistance with some ad-hoc project-based works on the portfolios various building services upgrades.
This will be a development role, growing in maturity through practical and theoretical training. The candidate will be enthusiastic and willing to learn about facilities management and building services.
What you can expect as our Assistant Facilities Manager
- Be the first point of escalation for the building teams for reactive tickets
- Liaise with helpdesk on outstanding issues, quoted works etc.
- Liaise with Hard & Soft FM contractors on minor works requests
- Arrange access with site teams for contractor visits including OOH works
- Undertake site training and familiarisation for new building managers
- Undertake site visits and escort sub-contractors where required
- Coordinate insurance inspections with building managers and attend to assist where needed
- Take risk assessment actions from FM portal into TOG action plan template and distribute to correct stakeholders
- Ensure RA actions are closed out and keep FM portal up to date
- Populate and monitor new FM log book (Fire, H&S, Contractor Management)
- Keep site H&S folder up to date with newest versions of documents and archive outdated documents
- Undertake site inventories and populate fire and emergency plans and isolation point drawings
- Assist site with the knowledge of the fire and emergency plan
- Monitor on-going building issues and assist FMs where possible
- Undertake Quarterly FM building audits
- Undertake quality assurance across the portfolio for both hard and soft services
- Monitor performance framework and weekly KPI's on M&E contract
- Raise PO's for works inline with approval chains
- Work with Facilities Manager(s) in the mobilisation of new building openings.
- Develop relationships with key contacts within third party contractors
- Liaising between sites, facilities managers and third party contractors on key issues across the portfolio.
- Assist H&S Manager where needed.
We'd love to hear from you if you've got
- Knowledge of building services and their purpose
- Knowledge of shared office space and co-working
- Knowledge of basic health and safety legislation is desirable
- Maintaining good all-round knowledge and experience of Facilities Management including quality management, legal compliance, environmental policies and general duty of care
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Excel
- Creativity - considering new ideas for the Company's progression
- Previous experience of managing outsourced contracts, developing and managing service level agreements and producing specifications to address requirements is desirable
- Experience of working in a shared working environment
- Experience of training, influencing and negotiating with staff at all levels to implement change and promote positive outcomes
- Health and Safety experience
- Having a track record of managing budgets and a clear understanding of P&L delivery is desirable
- Developing and implementing property and facilities management solutions
- Previous experience of building services
- Team player
Get in touch with us to learn more about this vacancy's salary.
Guidant Global is acting as an Employment Agency on behalf of The Office Group in relation to this vacancy.