To provide leadership and direction to the Building Manager's (BM) within the Area to drive exceptional membership experience and satisfaction. Support each BM in delivering excellent and consistent standards within their site for all operational activities and accountabilities. To work in partnership with the Portfolio Manager to maximize revenue through proactive sales and renewals. Support the Head of Operations in delivering the overall operations strategy and key deliverables and work with the wider business on process improvement and business effectiveness.
What you can expect as our Area Manager
Act as a point of contact for your dedicated buildings, managing relationships with your key members, and your team.
- Provide comprehensive line management to your BM's, ensuring objectives and accountabilities are delivered, including people performance, probation and annual reviews, development, and absence management
- Support your BM's in their personal development and maximising talent across all levels in the teams which includes actively contributing to quarterly succession and talent plotting.
- Ensure the building teams are kept up to date and informed of all relevant business information via the appropriate and available channels of communication
Oversee the management of member billing and debt management procedure and manage the administration of business rates and rate relief forms.
Working in partnership with finance to resolve any issues in relation to the budget, P&L, debt, and any client queries
- Lead your area to meet and/or exceed financial obligations and profitability through overseeing and actively participating P&L meetings with your finance business partner
- Build a close commercial relationship with Portfolio Manager to support occupancy and rate increase by delivering excellent customer service, commercial results and supporting with renewals when needed. Have regular meetings with the Portfolio Manager to formalise strategy by building/floor/office, including reporting on member termination reasons
- Attend monthly business review meetings with COO and Head of Operations providing reports on commercial and people KPI's across the area
- Manage staffing and headcount
We'd love to hear from you if you've got
- Financial processes including cost management Business Rates, Debt Management
- Recruitment and Selection
- MS Office, in particular Word and Excel * Commercial building management
Health and Safety Regulations knowledge to building standards level
Extensive member facing and customer service expertise
- Previous exposure to HR process adherence and people management
- Multi-site working and management
Get in touch with us to learn more about this vacancy's salary.
Guidant Global is acting as an Employment Agency on behalf of The Office Group in relation to this vacancy.