The role of Accounts Assistant is to take on responsibility for performing daily bank reconciliations, overseeing allocations to client and supplier accounts, managing client deposits and returns, and providing general assistance to other members of finance as required.
The candidate will have the ability to multi task and demonstrate attention to detail, time management and organisational skills. They will possess a positive and helpful attitude, and show potential to develop with the business. The role has been created due to an internal promotion of the existing Accounts Assistant. Study support issupportis available on successful completion of a probationary period.
What you can expect as our Accounts Assistant
- Perform daily bank reconciliations for all the bank accounts within the group.
- Enter and code financial transactions accurately within the system.
- Post credit card and employee expense transactions and ensure records are kept of relevant VAT receipts.
- Manage input to the bank and communication to approvers for all payments, including supplier payments,
- deposit returns, employee expenses, credit card payments, and tax-related payments.
- Work closely with the Treasury Manager to ensure funds are in place to meet payments as they fall due.
- Assist the management accounts team with month end duties.
- Other ad-hoc assistance to the Finance Manager and Financial Controller as required.
- Process the bi-monthly client direct debit payments to ensure the business gets paid in full, and on time.
- Manage client deposits, checking returns and entering into the bank accurately and on time.
We'd love to hear from you if you've got
- Prior experience with finance systems
- Advanced MS Office skills, particularly Excel
- Financial background with understanding of accounts production, accounts receivable, accounts payable and banking transactions.
- Accounting/bookkeeping qualification desirable
- 1-2 years in a related role.
- Knowledge of SAP ByDesign, Microsoft Navision, Jet reports, and Salesforce (desirable)
Get in touch with us to learn more about this vacancy's salary.
Guidant Global is acting as an Employment Agency on behalf of The Office Group in relation to this vacancy.